Saturday, June 11, 2016

ThatMomentWhenYouRealizeYouAreOnlyNineteen

So the Elder Sage Siblings sat there with each other and posed an interesting question directed towards me,

"Was this the first time you were apart from mom and dad for this long?"

Two weeks? A measly two weeks away from my parents? My mind tried to think about the last time I spent more time away from them. I don't think I ever had for more than two or three days.

Holy crap.

Plus, I did this venture with my Elder Sage Siblings. The solo endeavors have yet to happen for me. I feel so young and inexperienced. It wasn't only that. The last two weeks I spent in the Homeland were eye-opening. Every day seemed to open a new door into my soul. I learned a lot about myself and my Dearly Beloved; what makes me and them who we are. You know? What makes me tick and ticked. What makes them smile and frown.

The dynamics of human relationships, well, at least with the Dearly Beloved, are becoming clearer. What I love in people, what I dislike in people, and even learning how I respond to others' actions. Not only was the trip fun to immeasurable levels, but it was emotionally and spiritually educational. Intimidation was something I never even expected. Thankfully, the intimidation was of the healthy variant. It caught me by the shoulders and told me to focus on my own person. One major thing I walked away with from these two weeks was the fact that I have so many areas in my life that need growth and improvement. At first, I ignored my faults and tried to focus on the external errors of others. It is such a twisted and arrogant way of going about things. Pointing fingers and trying to find the problem outside of yourself probably isn't the best place to start. Looking deep within myself and being honest to my own mind has been a serious task. I am getting the hang of it.

Dear Readers, the last two weeks shall never be forgotten. Those are days I will hold onto for the rest of my life. You know there are times in your life you can look back to and say, "those days and experiences define me." The last two weeks were more than that. Those two weeks gave me a little piece of myself that will make me into the vessel of God's Will. I only wish I could have spent more quality time with my Dearly Beloved. Talking about what is happening now and what we hope happens in the future.

You know there is something special when you can spend hours talking and being busy with each other and activities, but you know you have something Divinely inspired when you can spend hours together in silence.

1 comment:

  1. We have a name!...*stars in my eyes*...Wow! Love you even if we mostly spent our time talking (errr, laughing). Can we have a encore, please? Visit us again soon!

    ReplyDelete