Thursday, March 15, 2018

LifeInTime....AsItShouldGo

When you see something to its end, it leaves a bitter-sweet taste in your mouth. Finishing a semester, finishing a year, finishing a chapter of your life. I finished playing a game I was waiting to play for over ten years. Was it worth the wait? Hardly. Thinking back on the times of my life where I would anticipate the release of the game gives me a warm feeling in my stomach. That sort of feeling you get when you think about a loved one that you will never see again. Except that loved one is yourself when you were younger. I remember daydreaming about the day I would hit the start button on my controller when it said "press start" to begin the game. It is so silly to think about, but it meant a lot to me when I was a lot younger.

Now that I have seen the game to its end, I can't help but be a little biased. It was a fun time, and I was pleasantly surprised by the story at the end of it all. It was a rocky journey, but I like to look at the positives. Negatives are too easy and common to spit out when you are asked about anything. As my mind matures, I grow more and more fond towards my earlier years in life. It is strange how I have this yearning to go back to when I was younger. Back then, you would just take every day as it came. No worries, no stress about what you should or shouldn't be doing. Time was limitless and the world waited for you to move. Now, it seems like I am just playing catch-up everyday.

Playing the game made me appreciate the moments in life where I could just not worry. I don't stress over things a lot, but I do worry when I overthink my life. The choices I made or didn't make. In the end, it isn't about regret or hindsight. What can I do now? How can I ensure I am living my life to the glory of God? Am I loving enough?

I am getting to an age where I can actually look back ten years and see how much I have changed. I am not the only thing that has changed either. The people around me, where I am living, and the things that I hold dear. Watching the credits of the game roll on the screen made me think about my teenage years.

Damn, good times.

Anyways, the music in the game was the biggest enjoyment it had to offer. I am enjoying it, and will probably enjoy it for many many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment