Tuesday, January 2, 2018

MusicIsComplicated

I may have forgotten about this little corner of the internet.

My word, almost eight months have past since I wrote my last blog post. What on earth happened? Well, it isn't like I completely forgot about it. I was going to write one before school started, but I didn't really have anything I wanted to write about. The Fall semester ended and I still didn't feel like writing one. Now that school starts on Monday, I suppose I should write one before another eight months pass. As time goes on, my posts become more and more spread out. The good is that I have more to talk about, but I don't want to talk about what I have been up to every time I write one. I more enjoy writing up my thoughts on a topic that isn't my own life. 

It has been a good while, though. Basically, the last eight months have been the usual go to school, but I did get my first part-time job. I worked at an Amazon warehouse for about two months. It was a great experience. Meeting people, learning a job, disciplining myself to sleep and wake up at decent hours, and getting that sweet cash. I enjoyed it a lot, but waking up at 4 in the morning was brutal. So I quit about three weeks ago. Now I have to start finding an internship. 

Looking back at my old blog posts reminded me of all the things I ever thought about while I was growing up through my teen years. I really did cover a lot of different topics. It is interesting to see how I thought through certain issues. I can't help but feel like I wrote a post just like this one not too long ago. I just can't think of anything to write when I have already written about so many things.

Maybe that's why I haven't been writing as much as I used to. Topics are getting scarce. But I still love to talk about philosophy, and listen to great music. Great things can always be talked about over and over again. They're great because of their depth and complexity. If you could talk about something and cover everything there is to talk about in one conversation or blog post, was it even worth talking about? Though, I suppose there aren't that many simple topics out there. You can complicate anything. So I guess my favorite things to complicate are stories, philosophy, and music. I find the stories of others and of fantasy to be more interesting than my life. My life's goal is peace and quite, so that is kind of where it stops and ends for me. 

Being a person who claims to have found absolute truth and purpose, I feel like my soul has found peace. Finding things to worry or complain about is hard. Life is good. God is very good to me, too good, probably. I have been thinking about a story in my head for the last eight years or so. It has been a long and slow process since I am too lazy to put anything in writing, but I think I have the main plot and themes down. It makes me think about God and how he planned our story; His story. Sort of like an epic about a lost people who were found. I kind of like that story, pretty good. But my story ends on a sad note. Sort of like a reminder that when you write a story about man, it is going to end in pain. It is depressing, but I think that is what I aim to do with my story. Sort of like with my blog posts. When a friend of mine read an old post I wrote years ago, he said it made him think about his own life and how he thought about that particular issue. I told him, "Yes! That's my goal! When I write a blog post about a certain subject, I just want the reader to look at his own heart and mind and reflect on his own beliefs." Are they real? Are they true? Is that how you really feel about the topic? Have you even given it any thought? So with my story, I hope it will do the same. If I ever get around to writing it.

So when I ask myself why God allowed man to be broken, I ask myself why I made my characters broken. 

I dunno, it just makes me think about God in a different way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment