Sunday, January 10, 2016

TheLastOfMe

One year from this day I will be in the middle of my university studies. Yeah, I'll still be in school 365 days from now. Who know how long I have left. Maybe two more years? Longer? God, please, let this cave have an end!

People of the older variety plead for me to treasure these care-free days of growth and learning. I am. Well, I am to the best of my ability.

Last year was filled with college, highs, lows, and new experiences. It was a year God gave me to grow. I did grow. Did I profit at the end? Sure, one less year of college I wont have to do.

I don't know. My life seems to be at a standstill until I graduate with my degree. Something is going to happen this year. Besides the transfer to university, I mean. Romance? Funny, actually. I feel like me and God are having a few good chuckles when it comes to my love life. There are absolutely zero prospects in my sight. Every girl I come across is either dating, married, or disqualified for various reasons.

I don't think my non-existent love life is coming anytime soon.

So I am taking Calculus this upcoming semester. I will finally set foot into the world of math. Oh, physics too. What have I gotten myself into. I might have to actually study this semester! My first B might slap me across the face this semester. Ah, time for some humble pie. I've been waiting for this. I would like to think my self-confidence isn't based on grades and achievements, but sadly it is almost impossible for me to separate the two. The point is to learn, not to show my knowledge or skill. I have to start drilling that into my head this semester if I want to remain sane. Was I ever sane?

A Hawaii trip is looming on the horizon. Do I walk towards that horizon? The choice is not mine, especially when you have a group of people who need to get their butts moving.

The first couple weeks of the new year have been rough. Slow days and a terrible sleeping schedule will cause your brain to plateau in vitality. It's called laziness, I think. Not a great zone to be in when the biggest semester yet is only one week away.

God is there. He always has been. It is me that is out of it. Whenever life throws me a ball faster than ten mph, I start to get a headache. My life is the definition of blessed. Yet I wake up cursing under my breath. Maybe it is time to re-evaluate my life for the millionth time. You know, for Jesus's sake.

Perhaps all I need is to get busy again. The gym has been great, but I need to add to my skeleton schedule. Four classes with two being brutal? It's a start. I have finished the last of history and English classes. This semester will be the last batch of basic classes. It's time to grow up from a freshman to a junior. Dear Readers, we are still doing it. Not by my or your strength. Only by the power of God. Without that? You can bet your sold goat I would be at Costco giving out those coveted free samples. Hmm, that's doesn't sound too bad, actually.

Yep, definitely time to re-evaluate my career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment